CTF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
& FRIENDSHIP GATHERING, including workshops! (Free and open to the public).
Saturday 24th June 2017 (scroll down for schedule)
500 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton ON Canada
Free workshops, vendor area, demonstrations, swap meet!
All are welcome! Join us and bring a friend! Or two!
Come for the morning, or the afternoon, or the day!
More details forthcoming! Stay tuned...
Click on the green REGISTER button on the left to register. Or, send an email to mailto:email@example.com to let us know you're coming. That way, we'll know to set aside a chair for you!
Thanks to those that have already registered. It helps with physical set up, but also helps us to know how many copies of last year's AGM Minutes we need to prepare, keeping us more environmentally friendly to boot! (This was tried this last year as an experiment, and worked well. Let us know if you have suggestions to improve the process. Thanks!)
• 9:00 a.m. Building accessible for set-up and social time!
• 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. AGM (CTF Members only, but we welcome new members on the spot!)
• 11:15 – 12:00 p.m. Workshop 1--What The Future Holds For The CTF. Where we've been over the years, and where where we're going. Join us and share your thoughts. We're interested in your ideas.
• 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch (Bring yours with you and 'dine in', enjoy the grounds, or dine out locally.)
• 1:15 – 2:30 p.m. Workshop 2--NeiGong with Michael Kirwin, Headwaters School of Tai Chi's Head Instructor. You may recall Sam Masich taught a workshop on NeiGong in the area a few years back. Looking for a refresher? An introduction? Come on out!
• 2:45 – 4:00 p.m. Workshop 3--demos and sharing with fellow practitioners. Interested in showing us some of your taiji? Or just seeing what other folks get up to in their classes and practice time? Come on out! 'Let us learn from one another.'
To take full advantage of your time that day and the beautiful labyrinth site outdoors on the grounds. Get a little training time of your own in! Feel free to bring your training shoes (and your spear, sword, sabre, fan, etc.), and your friends (with their spears, swords, sabres, fans, etc.).
Tea sampling, tasting, and vending with Robert James Coons – try before you buy! This local author will also have copies of his book with him to sell. Note: He may be out of the country at this time; we will update this once confirmed either way. Update: Mr. Coons is back in Canada once again, but mired deep in prep work for opening his own tea space. (We'll bring you more info on that once it's available).
Swap meet – have a book, video, sword, etc., that you’re not using any longer? Bring it to trade, sell, pass along to another practitioner--your choice.
Looking for a new t-shirt, pants, sword, shoes, etc.? Set aside some time for browsing!
Not able to attend but interested in contributing?
Send us your thoughts! mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org